TeraByte_TBI_Backups ?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Beau

TeraByte_TBI_Backups ?

Post by Beau »

Hi is there a way i can set TeraByte_TBI_Backups to my e: and have it protected
TeraByte Support

Re: TeraByte_TBI_Backups ?

Post by TeraByte Support »

just create it. it's protected if protectit is active.

"Beau" wrote in message news:14737@public.image...

Hi is there a way i can set TeraByte_TBI_Backups to my e: and have it
protected

Beau

Post by Beau »

is there a way to see if it is protected ?
thankks
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You can try a normal file operation in the folder. For example, creating a file, copying in a file, deleting a file, etc.
Beau

Post by Beau »

so doee that mean to delete a file i have to use /purge if so where does it go in this line /wait /b /uy /um /d:w0 /f:"E:\TeraByte_TBI_Backups\$~DD$$~MM$$~YYYY$/SSD" /v
TeraByte Support(PP)

Example to remove images 7 days or older:
/wait /b /uy /um /d:w0 /f:"E:\TeraByte_TBI_Backups\$~DD$$~MM$$~YYYY$/SSD" /v /purge:7

You can also use TBOSDT (tbosdtw.exe or tbosdtw64.exe, needs to be run as Administrator) to delete the files. TBOSDT is usually installed with IFW. Or you could disable ProtectIt, delete the files, then re-enable ProtectIt.
Beau

Post by Beau »

Hi If I Uses http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/ifwbatv3.zip do i need protection off or is there a way to do it with it on
TeraByte Support(PP)

Protection would need to be off. With protection on the script wouldn't be able to make the changes it needs to. You could create a .cmd script to turn off protection, run Profile.cmd, then turn protection back on. Or you could edit Profile.cmd to handle it. For example, at the end of Profile.cmd:

-----------
:: ########################################################################################################
:: Do not make routine changes below this line.

sc stop protectit
set CalledFromProfile=1
if not defined IFWScriptPath (call %0\..\IFWv3.cmd) else (call "%IFWScriptPath%")
if not defined IFWScriptFound (echo The main IFW script was not found. Please configure the IFWScriptPath setting in %0.) & (MsgBox "The main IFW script was not found. Please configure the IFWScriptPath setting in the profile script." "Image for Windows Scripts" 4 1)
sc start protectit

:: <---- END OF PROFILE ---->
-----------

Keep in mind that Profile.cmd must be run as an administrator for the commands to work.