Scheduling "Encrypt Data" Option

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
PayneIPE

Scheduling "Encrypt Data" Option

Post by PayneIPE »

I tested the Encrypt Data option in backup options, and it worked as I'd expected. When I went to set up the backup again, I had it generate a batch file. I tested that, and it failed because it did not include the password required for the Encrypt Data option. I couldn't find instructions in the manual to prompt for a password or even include a password for the command line Encrypt Data option.

I'll need to automate this process via the scheduler, or failing that, a user initiated run via batch file. Is there a way to include the encryption password, even in plain text (the importance of the encryption is for off-site storage) in the command line run of IFW?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Scheduling "Encrypt Data" Option

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You would use the /pw option (page 160 in the current IFW manual). If you don't want to specify a plain text password you can configure one in IFW Settings (Password tab) and then specify it by its name. For example: /pw:{#backuppassword#}
PayneIPE

Re: Scheduling "Encrypt Data" Option

Post by PayneIPE »

Perfect! That did exactly what I needed, and the info was exactly where you specified. My gratitude for clarifying it for me.