I have tested on VirtualBox the "Image for Windows Version 3.07" in Windows 7 (32bit).
Backup created by enabling encryption of image file, when restoring with "Metadata Based Restore" enabled,
"ABORT: Data corruption was encountered." An error occurs and the restore fails.
If I restore by setting "Metadata Based Restore" to backup created without encrypting the image file as a test, it will be restored at high speed. ( No error will occur )
1) On "Settings", Turn off the "Simple Operations" option to make it a normal user interface.
2) Create a backup.
At this time, make the following options valid and create.
* Encrypt Data ( and input password )
* Create Sector Hash Files
* Use Metadata Hash Files
3) After successful backup creation, restart Windows and boot with Recovery Boot Disc.
4) Restore the image file created in 2) above.
At this time, enable the following option and restore.
* Metadata Based Restore
5) Immediately after starting the restore, the error screen attached to this post is displayed and the restore fails.
I would like to combine image file encryption with Metadata Based Restore.
Please let me know a good way.
- 20170624.png (190.2 KiB) Viewed 1022 times