SSD would not Boot

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
major4579

Re: SSD would not Boot

Post by major4579 »

Sorry not what I said.

There are 2 options: "Write Standard MBR" and "W7MBR". The quote from the manual I mentioned was for the W7MBR - NOT for the "Write Standard MBR" option.
These are 2 different options.
If neither option is selected then "Image for Windows does not write standard MBR code unless the MBR is empty."
If "Write Standard MBR" is selected then "Image for Windows (will) install standard MBR code after completing the restore operation. Standard MBR code is the code that boots the active partition."
If "W7MBR" is selected then this tells "Image for Windows (to) use Windows 9x compatible MBR code". The name of this option "W7MBR" is confusing since it's only used to turn OFF the writing of a Win 7 compatible MBR.

Though not explicitly stated in the manual I'm sure that when referring to the "standard MBR" the manual is referring to the Windows 7 compatible MBR.
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

Ok, guess time will tell.

Glad you have a handle on it, I sure don't. Instinct is telling me I'm right and it's not often wrong, but I am always open to correction.

Were I you, I'd start an official support ticket referencing this thread. Usually, by now, one of the support team chimes in with solid info here in the forum and lays out exactly how it works. This being a users for users forum it's not always the case.

I can't see anything else wrong except the partition thing, possibly. I'll bow out but continue to watch this. I'm more than curious now.
major4579

Post by major4579 »

I just sent an email to tech support - didn't see any way to actually open a support ticket. The email references this thread. I'll post back here when I hear back from tech support.
Thanks for trying to help.
-Marc
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

Excellent, sorry I couldn't help more. Thanks for the post-back when you get an answer.

To say I'm confuddled would be an understatement. You could very well be right, you seem to have done your own homework and I by no means claim or consider myself a guru. Something is still nagging me. It's right in front of my nose, but I'm not seeing the tree for the forest at the moment. I hate when that happens.
major4579

Post by major4579 »

yah me too - and when I see it I could kick myself!!!
mashedmitten

Post by mashedmitten »

I actually built and still have a butt-kicking machine that awaits the next use.