KB to install IFL-GUI in Windows Boot Options Menu?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
timg11

KB to install IFL-GUI in Windows Boot Options Menu?

Post by timg11 »

At one point I had installed IFL-GUI as a choice in Window's boot options. The system would boot into IFL instead of Windows own image function.

I looked through the KBs and haven't been able to find it. Could anybody point me to the KB or post that describes how to do that type of installation?
TeraByte Support

Re: KB to install IFL-GUI in Windows Boot Options Menu?

Post by TeraByte Support »

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/howto-ifl-bootfile.htm

"timg11" wrote in message news:11682@public.image...

At one point I had installed IFL-GUI as a choice in Window's boot options.
The system would boot into IFL instead of Windows own image function.

I looked through the KBs and haven't been able to find it. Could anybody
point me to the KB or post that describes how to do that type of
installation?

timg11

Post by timg11 »

Thanks for the pointer. This will work, but isn't exactly the approach that I was using before. With WIndows 8, the option to run IFL was added to the "Boot Options" screen that you access with "SHUTDOWN /S /O" along with WIndows own Image restore, UEFI Bios, and other choices. I thought I read the process to do that here, but I could be wrong.

In any case, as of TBOSDT 1.62a, this statement is no longer true: "The zip archive will contain a second zip file inside the archive that will require a password to extract. The password can be found in the readme.txt file included inside the zip file"

I don't find the ZIP file, or any password in the readme.

Are there any other differences I should watch out for using TBOSDT 1.62a and Windows 10?

PS - it would be helpful for each KB article to have a publication date somewhere in the text so the reader can understand how up to date it is.
timg11

Post by timg11 »

When editing setupifl.bat in step 6, how do I enter the BIBM product key so it will be licensed when running in the IFL environment?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Possibly you were booting an IFL ISO file configured via EasyBCD or something like that?

For the second zip file that has to be extracted with a password, it's only required with the trial version.

To add your BootIt BM key to the boot file build, put the BOOTITBM.INI file into the iflsetup folder and enter your license details in it. It's just a text file so you can use Notepad to create it if you don't have one to copy. For example:

[LICENSE]
PRODUCTKEY=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
USER=license user name

Once the file is there it will be copied into the build when you run setupifl.bat.
timg11

Post by timg11 »

After more research I figured this out. I was looking for the "TBWinRE" process.

For anyone else (or myself if I forget in the future):
The proper Google search term to find that is "uefi site:terabyteunlimited.com" and choose the KB "Using TeraByte Boot Media on UEFI Systems"

In the KB there is a link link to TBWinRE: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm

In TBWinRE, choose the option to Modify the Recovery Environment, which adds IFW to the boot options. (I think I had IFL before but IFW is fine).