Healthy Recovery Partition

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
borate

Healthy Recovery Partition

Post by borate »

Windows 10 has been restored many times to a drive that contained a C:/ and D:/ partition.

After the last restore, a new "healthy recovery" partition (only 449Mb) had been created, after restore "resized" - which it had never done before.
Then after a Windows 10 system update, there are two "healthy recovery" partitions, one 447Mb, one 449Mb).

Can the apparently unnecessary recovery partitions be removed, and the wasted space reclaimed?
How? Perhaps this is simply a matter of specifying the MAX size in the "resize after restore" box? Seems that I did this some years ago, but memory has faded. ^_^
mjnelson99

Re: Healthy Recovery Partition

Post by mjnelson99 »

Interesting problem. Makes me even less likely to get Win 10, at least
for the rest of 2015.
Or maybe resize the blanekty-blank thing on install so it is larger than
necessary? BIBM to the rescue?
Mary

On 11/14/2015 3:22 PM, borate wrote:
> Windows 10 has been restored many times to a drive that contained a C:/ and D:/ partition.
>
> After the last restore, a new "healthy recovery" partition (only 449Mb) had been created, after restore "resized" - which it had never done before.
> Then after a Windows 10 system update, there are two "healthy recovery" partitions, one 447Mb, one 449Mb).
>
> Can the apparently unnecessary recovery partitions be removed, and the wasted space reclaimed?
> How? Perhaps this is simply a matter of specifying the MAX size in the "resize after restore" box? Seems that I did this some years ago, but memory has faded. ^_^
>
>
borate

Re: Healthy Recovery Partition

Post by borate »

Indeed, Mary. RESOLVED. Thanks for viewing.