Page 1 of 1

Partitioning and max disk size

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:14 am
by Skyglider
I bought Bootit NG in March 2006. Used it to dual boot my WinXP PC for years. In December 2011, I built an i5 Win7 PC but have not installed Bootit NG on it yet. I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to run Bootit NG to partition my 1TB hard drive without getting the boot screen prior to loading Win7? I don't want to dual boot. I just want to partition the 1TB hard drive.

My system setup is:
64GB SSD (C:) system
1TB spinner HDD (D:) data

2. What's the maximum size hard drive that Bootit NG can partition?

Thanks,
Skyglider

Re: Partitioning and max disk size

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:10 am
by mjnelson99
Is your Win 7 64 or 32 bit? Also, get the latest version of
BING.

You may want to upgrade to BIBM now. It includes IFD for
imaging.

Win 7 x64 can repartition non-destructively as well. I used
it to repartition my new Acer laptop's single partition with
no problems.

Just create an image before you make any changes.
Mary

On 8/26/2012 7:14 AM, Skyglider wrote:
> I bought Bootit NG in March 2006. Used it to dual boot my WinXP PC for years. In December 2011, I built an i5 Win7 PC but have not installed Bootit NG on it yet. I have a few questions.
>
> 1. Is there a way to run Bootit NG to partition my 1TB hard drive without getting the boot screen prior to loading Win7? I don't want to dual boot. I just want to partition the 1TB hard drive.
>
> My system setup is:
> 64GB SSD (C:) system
> 1TB spinner HDD (D:) data
>
> 2. What's the maximum size hard drive that Bootit NG can partition?
>
> Thanks,
> Skyglider
>
>

Re: Partitioning and max disk size

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:20 am
by TeraByte Support
You don't have to install it to just partition (create boot media in
partition work mode or cancel setup and go to partition work). But yes, you
can setup a time out in settings to auto boot or enable IT mode to hide the
boot menu all together (check manual on how to get out of IT mode).

"Skyglider" wrote in message news:3089@public.bootitng...

I bought Bootit NG in March 2006. Used it to dual boot my WinXP PC for
years. In December 2011, I built an i5 Win7 PC but have not installed
Bootit NG on it yet. I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to run Bootit NG to partition my 1TB hard drive without
getting the boot screen prior to loading Win7? I don't want to dual boot.
I just want to partition the 1TB hard drive.

My system setup is:
64GB SSD (C:) system
1TB spinner HDD (D:) data

2. What's the maximum size hard drive that Bootit NG can partition?

Thanks,
Skyglider


Re: Partitioning and max disk size

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:57 pm
by Skyglider
> mjnelson99 wrote:
> Is your Win 7 64 or 32 bit? Also, get the latest version of
> BING.

Running Win7, Home Premium, 64 bits. Will check on the latest version of BING.

> Win 7 x64 can repartition non-destructively as well. I used
> it to repartition my new Acer laptop's single partition with
> no problems.
> Just create an image before you make any changes.

I might need to slide partitions around also and am not sure if Win7 x64 can do that. Will do some research.

Thanks,
Skyglider

Re: Partitioning and max disk size

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:00 pm
by Skyglider
> TeraByte Support wrote:
> You don't have to install it to just partition (create boot media in
> partition work mode or cancel setup and go to partition work). But yes,
> you
> can setup a time out in settings to auto boot or enable IT mode to hide the
>
> boot menu all together (check manual on how to get out of IT mode).

Glad to hear it's not necessary to install BING to just do partition work. What's the maximum size hard drive that BING can handle?

Thanks for the help,
Skyglider