Concerning your link http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=486
Solution 1 (BIOS to use LBA Mode)
- Type: AUTO (options: not installed, AUTO, CD/DVD, ARMD
- LBA/Large Mode: AUTO (options: disabled, AUTO)
It appears that the best option is set in both items.
- Applied step 3 (Fill E-CHS button) for every partition and checked for errors by pressing „Edit“ (there were none except for EMBRM)
- Resized EMBRM without changing its size and corrected an indicated error
- Omitted step 5 because I still used BING and not BIBM
The first partition (which had erroneously been named „LxMint12“ in Attachment 6 of my last posting but is in fact the newly installed LxMint17) was now at the very beginning. The former first partition (size "<1 MB") had gone.
LxMint12 and WinXP were bootable from HDD but LxMint17 was not. I tried to slide the latter downwards by 8 MB and ended up with a first partition of 7 MB. But LxMint17 remained unbootable. Resizing it without changing its size did not change anything either.
After these measures my son was busy in LxMint12, whch he had booted normally from HDD. But when starting up the next time he got again the message "Read error loading EMBRM! System Halted!"
Is it significant for the problem that the HDD is configured as Primary Slave?
How can I proceed from here? Please help.