Page 4 of 4

Re: BIBM and UEFI/GPT

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:46 am
by Bob Coleman
Brian K wrote:
> I should have said EMBR disk, not MBR disk.

Yes, but (actually responding primarily to Mary) it is true that GPT allows more partitions in a completely straightforward manner. Just define more partitions, no fooling around with extended partitions, volumes, and MBR slots. I'm not saying that's better. I did convert my disk, but it is simpler. Whether one needs or wants the extra capability that comes with the extra complexity is another matter.

Re: BIBM and UEFI/GPT

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:59 am
by Bob Coleman
TeraByte Support wrote:
> this can be related to compressed files which the next version of tbosdt
> can
> handle, so be interested if next version does it.

If I run chgdtype.tbs from BIBM 1.37, will that be using the mentioned "next version"?

Re: BIBM and UEFI/GPT

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 am
by TeraByte Support
yes

"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:13838@public.bootitbm...

TeraByte Support wrote:
> this can be related to compressed files which the next version of tbosdt
> can
> handle, so be interested if next version does it.

If I run chgdtype.tbs from BIBM 1.37, will that be using the mentioned "next
version"?


Re: BIBM and UEFI/GPT

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:23 pm
by Bob Coleman
OK. I'll try to test it.

TeraByte Support wrote:
> yes
>
> "Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:13838@public.bootitbm...
>
> TeraByte Support wrote:
> > this can be related to compressed files which the next version of tbosdt
> > can
> > handle, so be interested if next version does it.
>
> If I run chgdtype.tbs from BIBM 1.37, will that be using the mentioned
> "next
> version"?

Re: BIBM and UEFI/GPT

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm
by Bob Coleman
It does work now.

Bob Coleman wrote:
> OK. I'll try to test it.
>
> TeraByte Support wrote:
> > yes
> >
> > "Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:13838@public.bootitbm...
> >
> > TeraByte Support wrote:
> > > this can be related to compressed files which the next version of tbosdt
> > > can
> > > handle, so be interested if next version does it.
> >
> > If I run chgdtype.tbs from BIBM 1.37, will that be using the mentioned
> > "next
> > version"?

Re: BIBM and UEFI/GPT

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:18 pm
by TeraByte Support
thanks.


"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:13848@public.bootitbm...

It does work now.