Setup could not create or find partition...[SOLVED]

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
mashedmitten

Setup could not create or find partition...[SOLVED]

Post by mashedmitten »

This is what I get when I try to install W10.

Unlimited Primaries, I created the partition in partition work, set it up in boot edit and booted to it to write it to the MBR. I chose BIOS Sequence and rebooted. W10 setup starts and when it gets to the select partition screen, the W10 partition is the only one that shows and is labeled System, but when I select it, I get the error. Looked through the KB with no joy. What am I missing? I've installed before with no issue so I don't get what the problem could be.
Last edited by mashedmitten on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mashedmitten

Re: Setup could not create or find partition...

Post by mashedmitten »

Is this a drive letter issue?
mashedmitten

Re: Setup could not create or find partition...[SOLVED]

Post by mashedmitten »

Was trying to install from USB Drive. Burned a disk and it's set. Weird, the same ISO created different installers from USB to DVD.
mjnelson99

Re: Setup could not create or find partition...

Post by mjnelson99 »

With unlimited primaries, W10 might possibly overwrite another partition.

On my computer, I have 4 partitions created, W10 and 3 smaller ones.
When I looked, it appears 2 of the very little ones are empty?
Then there is the 450 MB.

Since my system is GPT, I would not need embr.
Mary

On 4/27/2017 9:27 AM, mashedmitten wrote:
> This is what I get when I try to install W10.
>
> Unlimited Primaries, I created the partition in partition work, set it up in boot edit and booted to it to write it to the MBR. I chose BIOS Sequence and rebooted. W10 setup starts and when it gets to the select partition screen, the W10 partition is the only one that shows and is labeled System, but when I select it, I get the error. Looked through the KB with no joy. What am I missing? I've installed before with no issue so I don't get what the problem could be.
>
>
mashedmitten

Re: Setup could not create or find partition...[SOLVED]

Post by mashedmitten »

No extra partitions created during install or any of the upgrades/ dates that it went through so far. Grabbing an image of it now. Took hours to go through the updates from scratch.

With W10, I feel Lt. Barkley has taken control of the Holo-deck once again. :evil: