Page 1 of 1

usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:48 am
by giulia
Hi
i really love your products
may i know if there is a way to use bootit bare metal in my case partition editor with external usb3 hard disk ?

i tried on several maching nothing , bibm doesn't detect the drive , the bios yes
other partition tools yes they do
thanks

Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:42 am
by TeraByte Support
The BIOS would need to have USB legacy support enabled and the drive
attached at boot, then it will show under USB.

If you just need partition work, you can use partwork on the IFL full
version GUI disk with your BIBM product key which will support all the
devices Linux supports including USB3. (you'd need both a license for Image
for Linux and BIBM).


"giulia" wrote in message news:12722@public.bootitbm...

Hi
i really love your products
may i know if there is a way to use bootit bare metal in my case partition
editor with external usb3 hard disk ?

i tried on several maching nothing , bibm doesn't detect the drive , the
bios yes
other partition tools yes they do
thanks


Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:58 pm
by Brian K
giulia,

You will really appreciate Part Work in IFL as it works in MBR and UEFI systems.

Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:01 pm
by giulia
TeraByte Support wrote:
> The BIOS would need to have USB legacy support enabled and the drive
> attached at boot, then it will show under USB.

thanks
i will do it!
i guess working with partition with image for linux is faster then bibm

Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:41 pm
by giulia
Brian K wrote:
> giulia,
>
> You will really appreciate Part Work in IFL as it works in MBR and UEFI
> systems.
hi
same features of BIBM ,Brian ?
thanks

Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:23 am
by Brian K
giulia,

Apart from Boot Management it has almost everything offered in BIBM.

Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:40 am
by giulia
Brian K wrote:
> giulia,
>
> Apart from Boot Management it has almost everything offered in BIBM.
Almost? what do you mean ?

but image for linux should be faster , seeing it's not dos based , right?
for example image for linux is a lot faster restoring an image compared to image for windows

thanks Brian

Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 am
by mjnelson99
What does the restore is probably DOS. for me IFL is faster the IFD.
Mary

On 10/23/2016 4:40 AM, giulia wrote:
> Brian K wrote:
>> giulia,
>>
>> Apart from Boot Management it has almost everything offered in BIBM.
> Almost? what do you mean ?
>
> but image for linux should be faster , seeing it's not dos based , right?
> for example image for linux is a lot faster restoring an image compared to image for windows
>
> thanks Brian
>
>

Re: usb3 support?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:36 am
by giulia
mjnelson99 wrote:
> What does the restore is probably DOS. for me IFL is faster the IFD.
> Mary
>
> On 10/23/2016 4:40 AM, giulia wrote:
> > Brian K wrote:
> >> giulia,
> >>
> >> Apart from Boot Management it has almost everything offered in BIBM.
> > Almost? what do you mean ?
> >
> > but image for linux should be faster , seeing it's not dos based ,
> right?
> > for example image for linux is a lot faster restoring an image compared
> to image for windows
> >
> > thanks Brian
> >
> >
thanks Mary
i mean about resize a partition , once i did with bibm ,and it tooks hours
the same job done with another product winpe based on w10 , 20 minutes