Switch to full style
User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal.
Forum rules
Post a reply

Image file verification - before restore

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Is there a way to verify an image file preferably from within Windows or Linux without trying to restore it?

I have found that two files that I have are corrupt, so I think it sensible that I should check the other ones that I have.

Re: Image file verification - before restore

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Validate should be an option in Image for DOS.
You probably need Image for Windows to validate within Windows.
Not sure on that, though.
Mary

On 1/16/2016 1:36 PM, machare wrote:
> Is there a way to verify an image file preferably from within Windows

or Linux without trying to restore it?
>
> I have found that two files that I have are corrupt,

so I think it sensible that I should check the other ones that I have.
>
>

Re: Image file verification - before restore

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:00 pm

P.S. I almost always use Image for Windows for imaging.
Mary

On 1/16/2016 1:44 PM, MJNelson wrote:
> Validate should be an option in Image for DOS.
> You probably need Image for Windows to validate within Windows.
> Not sure on that, though.
> Mary
>
> On 1/16/2016 1:36 PM, machare wrote:
>> Is there a way to verify an image file preferably from within Windows
>
> or Linux without trying to restore it?
>>
>> I have found that two files that I have are corrupt,
>
> so I think it sensible that I should check the other ones that I have.
>>
>>
>
>

Re: Image file verification - before restore

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:35 pm

machare wrote:
> I have found that two files that I have are corrupt, so I think it sensible
> that I should check the other ones that I have.

machare,

How did you determine the two files were "corrupt"?

Re: Image file verification - before restore

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:04 pm

I could not restore them. The restore failed with an error message indicating that the file was corrupt. I want to check other files that I have to make sure that they are not corrupt.

Re: Image file verification - before restore

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:12 pm

What is the error message when you Validate the files?

Re: Image file verification - before restore

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Brian K wrote:
> What is the error message when you Validate the files?

I think the original post was looking for a way to verify an image file "without trying to restore it?", so I suppose the error message came during restore. (Yes, the same message might occur trying to validate).

Anyway, to answer the original question, IFW contains a "validate" option.
Post a reply